keskiviikko 3. elokuuta 2016

Tampere Metal Meeting 2016

I'm a huge metal music fan.

Here in Finland metal music scene is widely spread. If you are looking for some metal in your everyday life, you can choose from small bar gigs to big metal festivals. Rock bars and metalheads are a common sight in the streets.

The metal festival I was able to participate in this year was Tampere Metal Meeting, held in a town named Tampere, as you may infer from the name. The festival was two days long but I was there only on the second day. I was accompanied with my sister and her boyfriend.

The festival was on open air as most of the summer festivals in Finland are, so the only shelter was a canopy where audience was able to buy drinks. At first the weather was fine, sunny, a bit windy, but in the middle of the festival it started to rain and the temperature dropped. June isn't the warmest summer month in Finland as it's the first of three of them when you can wear something else than long pants and a jacket ;D Snowing in June is not unheard of! We were able to pack ourselves under the canopy with dozens of other people while the rain was its worst but we didn't want to miss the bands, so we confronted the rain with SISU as we say. Sisu is a  common saying in Finland, meaning determination regardless of cost. Persistence and strength to do something no matter how hard it feels.

Here is some pictures I took that day (taken with my mobile phone so the quality is poor):

Kalmah

Finntroll
Tiamat

Tiamat feat. Henriette Bordvik (ex-Sirenia)

Kalmah plays melodic death metal and was familiar for me only by name. After their gig I wondered why I haven't listened it before. Let's fix that immediately!

Finntroll instead was a very familiar band for me. I have seen them a couple of times, seven years ago for the first time. Finntroll is a finnish folk metal band singing in swedish. 

Tiamat was the band I wanted to see the most! I got to know it only about two years ago although they published their first album on 1990, almost twenty years ago. But old bands still gathers new listeners every day :) Tiamat plays atmospheric and slow paced gothic metal as you can describe it, although their music has developed over the years. 

Other bands we saw were Jess and The Ancient Ones, Barathrum, Nocturnus A.D. and Deströyer 666

I was positively surprised with Kalmah and added it to my "must listen" -list, Finntroll had a very energetic show as always, (even a short power cut didn't slow them down during the gig) and Tiamat played many of my favourite songs. Featuring artist, Sirenia's ex-singer Henriette Bordvik, spiced up their music quite nicely. I wished they had played 'Carry Your Cross And I'll Carry Mine' with her, but maybe next time :)

All and all it was a great day for a metal music enthusiast, thanks for reading! Please add a comment below if you wish :)

More info about Tampere Metal Meeting in here.



Until next time, keep on rocking!
\,,/


2 kommenttia:

Lady Ewelyn kirjoitti...

Oli kyllä ikimuistoinen päivä. Jos ei olis palellut, ei varmaan muistais koko reissua enää ensi vuonna :D Oli siistiä nähdä Tiamat livenä. Ps. todella hyvä teksti! \m/

Myotess kirjoitti...

Kiitti :) Oli kyllä harvinaista herkkua Tiamat, ei haittaa enää yhtään vaikka palelikin :D